Monday, December 19, 2011

32 days

Picture from our family trip to Italy five years ago.
This is in Florence, and we were on gelato #3 of the day.


I had a minor (major) freakout the other night right as I was about to go to sleep. I looked up "overstaying your visa in Italy" on Google-- BAD IDEA. Instead of getting into detail about what I read, I'll just tell you that as I tried to fall asleep that night, I had visions of the Italian police marching into my classroom and swiftly taking me but the collar and throwing me into jail, Amanda Knox style. Not a good look.

So the next morning, I put in a call to the company that I'm getting my TEFL certification through and explained my worries. The guy I spoke with not only had the most soothing voice but also put my fears to rest when he told me that they'd been sending teachers to Italy for more than 10 years and had barely ever had a problem. I hung up and proceeded to yell to my dad "I'm not going to Italian jail!"

Things are starting to look up.

32 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...