Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stop and smell the roses

During the hustle and bustle of this class that I'm taking, I sometimes forget that I live in Florence, this gorgeous city where every last detail is beautiful and meaningful and a place that people come to visit from all over the world. Even though I've only been here for three weeks, I sometimes take for granted that I walk past the Duomo everyday and that my TEFL class is right off of the Piazza Della Repubblica. 

A walk to a friend's apartment the other day brought me right over the Ponte Vecchio, so I stopped to take a couple of pictures. 


If you don't know what the Ponte Vecchio is, it's a bridge that crosses over the Arno. It's very famous for its views and the jewelry shops that line it.





Sometimes , I just have to tell myself to stop and smell the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...