Monday, February 13, 2012

Finding a little bit of me...


Last week, I finally made a collage of all of the printed pictures that I brought with me from the US. I think I have about thirty, so I taped them over the giant flower picture above my bed (so it wouldn't take off the paint on the wall when I took them down, meaning I wouldn't get my whole deposit back). The day that I did this, I was somewhat upset because I had come to realize (after being told numerous times by many different people) that it was going to be extremely difficult for me to find a job teaching here in Florence, and even if I did find one, I probably would not make very much money. As you can imagine, I was a bit worried-- even my easy going, go-with-the-flow nature that gets the best of me when I'm in a foreign country couldn't help but think that there was a good possibility that I may not get to stay here if things prove to be that difficult. But as I was putting up all of these pictures, I started revisiting all of the amazing things that I've been able to do in my life, and that anything that I've ever put my heart into, I've been able to do (and without the help of anyone else).
I wanted to live in New York City for a summer, so I found a high paying job, had an amazing time, and even saved some money.
I wanted to go backpacking through Europe after graduation, so I saved up the money I made while working at school and did it.
I wanted to live in Florence... and here I am.

So I'm excited. I'm excited for the challenge of finding something to support myself, excited to try new things, and excited to prove to myself, yet again, that I can do anything if I want it badly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...