Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Barcelona Part 3!

Finally!

My last couple of days in Barcelona, I stayed with my friend Crystal from home. She's been living and working in Barcelona for about two years and I hadn't seen her for at least three. When I first got to her apartment, she made me a traditional Spanish dinner... SO good! Then we went out for her 25th birthday!

Even though I'd been to Barcelona before, I never got to see Parc Guell, so Crystal took me there the next day. It has the most amazing views-- in the picture above, you can perfectly see the Sagrada Familia.







I always say that one of the reasons why everyone needs to travel is because it makes you appreciate your education. I took an art history class in college (not by choice) and I learned a lot about Parc Guell in it. I didn't fully appreciate it, though, until I actually got to see it... and it was pretty cool to actually touch all of these pieces that I had studied.

Biggest croissant I've ever seen...

We grabbed Belgian waffles for dessert... this waffle actually was almost up to the standard of the ones I had in Antwerp!

Nom!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...