Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pear pasta anyone?

Part two of Crystal's visit...

Of course, I had to bring Crystal to Piazzale Michaelangelo. If you saw my previous post on my first trip to Piazzale Michaelangelo, you know that it has some of the best views of the city and is a total must-see when you come to Florence. So we followed tradition and took some wine up with us to see the sunset.





The next night, Crystal wanted to go to a really authentic Italian dinner, so we went to my favorite restaurant that I've been to in Florence so far-- Coquinarius. It's only about ten seconds from my apartment (dangerous? yea...) and has the most amazing food. As our appetizer, we ordered crostini with roasted vegetables on top. To be honest, I was a little hesitant (probably because I really wanted the brie and honey crostini I had eaten my first time there), but it was really good!

Chianti... of course!

I decided to stick with what I ordered during my first visit to Coquinarius-- the pear pasta. It may sound al little strange, but the taste is to die for-- sweet, delicious, and stuffed with cheese. With parmigiana on top,  I was not at all bored the second time around! Crystal ordered ravioli stuffed with lamb and artichoke, which tasted like a high-quality kebab in a ravioli. I swear, nothing tastes bad at this restaurant!
And we got chocolate cake for dessert.. shocking. And.. it was great.

I highly recommend Coquinarius for a real, authentic Florentine meal. It's not cheap, but it's worth the splurge!

Crystal's visit was so much fun.. I can't wait for more friends to come see me in Florence... get here already :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...