Wednesday, May 9, 2012

You'll find me in Bologna!



I've just returned from what may have been the best weekend that I've had since I started living in Florence, and it only took a half hour train ride to make me feel this way.

Let me introduce #BlogVille to you.

The tourism board of Emilia Romagna has created an amazing program called BlogVille. For the month of May, the board is hosting an apartment in Bologna where travel bloggers can stay for free and experience what the region has to offer. I was lucky enough to be accepted into the program and have been anxiously waiting for this weekend in Bologna for more than two months!

The BlogVille project is super unique -- tourism boards have been offering travel journalists free trips for many years, but Emilia Romagna sees how influential travel bloggers have become on the travel industry and is focusing on us instead! And not only are the travel bloggers set up in a great apartment, they are brought on a fun excursion once a week that allows them to experience the region through the local's eyes. 

I'd never been to Bologna before, or anywhere in the Emilia Romagna region, before this weekend. All I really knew about the area was what I learned in my high school Italian class-- that it was known as the gastronomic capital of Italy. And for anyone who knows me, they know that I am obsessed with food, so I knew this trip would be one for the books.

I took a ton of pictures this weekend, so over the next few days, I'll show you everything that made me fall in love with Bologna and the Emilia Romagna region!

If you want to learn more about the Emilia Romagna region, you can go to the tourism board's site and follow the project on Twitter -- @BlogVilleEmRom .





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...