Monday, June 18, 2012

The Leaning Tower... no, not THAT one.


My last day in Bologna was a free one for us bloggers, so I figured that I should probably do at least one “touristy” thing on my own while we were in the city. Each blogger was given a “BlogVille” city card that granted us free VIP access into just about all of the sight seeing spots in Bologna, so after waking up, I grabbed my card and walked to the Torre Asinelli, the famous tower of the city. When you stand outside of it and look up, you can see that the tower is slanted, just like the leaning tower of Pisa. I don't know what it is about these Italians, but they can't seem to get their tower building right...




It was an overcast day and I've recently come to terms with the fact that I am extremely out of shape, but still, I decided to climb the __ stairs and get to the top. The tower is taller than the Leaning Tower of Pisa (see picture below).


The climb of course ended up being worth it because there was quite a view at the top. I was able to see the redness of the city as well as into the mountains that we had our first blogging adventures in on Friday.





After ten minutes at the top and getting pictures on my camera, iPhone and Blackberry, I descended and met up with the rest of the bloggers to do what I just may do best-- shop.

If you happen to be living in Florence and are feeling deprived of good (cheap) shopping that doesn't consist of only H&M and Zara, then take the 10.50 euro hour- and- a- half train ride to Bologna. There were so many stores with inexpensive clothes for 20-somethings, such as Pull and Bear (got three dresses, two shirts and one sweater), Jennyfer, Pimke, and more. The H&Ms there are also much better than the one in the center of Florence (you know, the one that smells like sewage...)

After picking up some new things, I hopped the train and sadly headed back to Florence.

The bloggers of BlogVille in the apartment!

Well, that's my amazing trip to Bologna, thanks to BlogVille and the Tourism board of Emilia Romagna! I have some more trips coming up so keep an eye out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...