Saturday, March 2, 2013

Exciting Life Updates.... And Where You'll Find Me Next

Ok, ok. I know I've been super MIA and completely all over the place. You'd think I'd move back to the US and finally have some time to tweet and blog. I even promised a blog series on living and working abroad that I've almost failed at completely. Except for that one post. But I've been waiting for the right time to reveal to all of you my plan for the next few years.

So to update you….

My life in the US has been fairly boring.

I've been working 40 hours a week making smoothies at a gym-- just to get some money back in my bank account-- so my free time has been somewhat limited. And on top of that…

I started a new blog!

And it's not about me. But it's where I am sharing my knowledge of all things study abroad, so check it out and pass it along to anyone you know who is or will be abroad. It's called The Abroad Guide. I've been working hard at it and am already getting a great response from readers and followers, and have even gotten some interest for potential partnerships! 

You should also keep an eye out, because I'm starting yet ANOTHER blog. Wanna know why? 

It's cause….

I'M MOVING TO LONDON!

So this blog's title will no longer make sense :)

Yup, I'm moving to London. Should have guessed, right? The US just doesn't do it for me anymore.

But here's the story. Remember this guy, who I met during my weekend in Prague a few months ago?


Well, it turns out we're head over heels for each other. 

We met up in Paris before I moved back to the US, and after countless Skype sessions, he came to New York for New Years and we had an amazing week together. 


But that week wasn't enough, so I'm moving to London (where he lives) in 40 days. April 12th is my official departure date, but I wish it was tomorrow. I've always loved London and think it will be the perfect place for me to start a new life (and be with Tom!)

In order for me to work and live legally as an American in the UK, I need to have some kind of visa, which really wasn't an option for me-- work visas are almost impossible to get, and even if I studied there, it would still take a while to get that visa. So I did some research and found that I could apply for Italian Dual Citizenship through my great grandfather, which would let me live and work anywhere in the EU for as long as I want to. 

So I started that process a couple of weeks ago, and I hired a company called ItalyMondo that is helping me get everything together and done as quick as possible. The process typically takes two to three years, but since I am able to fly to Italy and apply there, I should have my Italian citizenship by October (if all goes well, fingers crossed!) 

Then my new life officially begins.

It's all new and exciting, and I couldn't be happier.

Me in London during my study abroad semester in Fall 2009


Keep an eye on my Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for info about my new blog, where I'll be writing about my new life and posting amazing photos right along with it. And we already have some big plans for the next few months that you won't want to miss out on, including two trips to the south of Italy (to apply and receive my citizenship), a vacation in Ibiza, and quite a few music festivals (um… Creamfields anyone?)  

40 days till London!

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of going to Florence next year to study art! I'm half-Italian--how did you find out that you meet the requirement to acquire dual citizenship? I would love to live in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your topic here is really precious and wonderful facts thanks for offered this tiktok videos

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...