Thursday, January 26, 2012

Four days in!

I've been here four days and things are going well so far!

The majority of our days have mostly been spent in class. In case you didn't know, I'm taking a TEFL class (that's Teaching English as a Foreign Language) so that I will be certified to teach English anywhere in the world. We've had a couple of long days but the program is great and I even got to teach on my own yesterday! I still have a lot to work on but I really liked it.

This is the Piazza della Bella Donna, right next to our apartment (that means square of the beautiful woman if you need a translation)

Some of the simple things we need like shampoo and such are pretty expensive here... then we stumbled upon this little guy and our lives changed! But I left my amazing mittens from Salzburg there. :(

Today we had a short day of class because of our teaching schedules, so we stopped by the post office so that my roommate Taylor could drop her Visa info off. Florence is kind of like NYC in the sense that people bring their dogs into a lot of the public places...

Look at this little guy, I think he got a little sleepy waiting!


Flowers by our school


On the walk back from getting our Italian "codice fiscale", similar to a social security number.

Found the boxed wine! Second shelf, all the way to the right-- juice boxes of wine. I'll let you know how they taste.

We got gelato tonight. The place ripped us off! Lesson learned, don't get gelato near the Piazza della Repubblica. Or speak English.


Tomorrow's Friday, we can't wait to experience the infamous Florence night life and meet some new people. We've already seen SO many Americans throughout the city and I'm sure we'll meet tons this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...