Those of you who follow my tweets and Facebook page may have seen the fact that I have a flight booked for home on July 20th. I will be home for one month, AND for my 23rd birthday!! I couldn't be more excited to get home, see everyone, and have a fun month of summer on the island and in NYC.
If you look back on my pre-Florence departure posts, I created a list of things I was looking forward to once I got to Florence (lists are kinda my thing). Since I will be home in eight days, I find it is only necessary to create a list of things I am looking forward to during my visit..
- Family vacation at LBI (mom and dad are paying for dinners and everything else I do? GREAT. Oh, and I get to see my second family, the Macrides!)
- Seeing ALL of my friends
- Seeing all of my new friends who I met in Florence but who have since returned to New York/NJ
- Two words-- BOARDY BARN
- Galavanting around and wrecking havoc on New York City... anyone who's spent five minutes with me in Florence knows how much I miss the city
- Beach and boat time... Robert Moses is calling my name
- Having currency that is one color and one size
- Hearing my iPhone ring.. texts and calls
- Driving automatic
- Getting water for free at restaurants
- My dog
- Various foods, including Chinese, frozen yogurt, Slurpees, mac and cheese, and peanut butter
- Air conditioning!
The infamous Boardy Barn
Long Beach Island
I can't even imagine heading up to Rome, getting on the plane, and ending up at JFK... it will be almost exactly my six month anniversary of my arrival to Florence.
Half a year in Italy... and wouldn't change it for the world.